AI (Artificial Intelligence) and AI content generators has become a hot topic lately especially with ChatGPT, a game changing tool.
In this article I will describe how to generate a video using AI content generators for free.
For content generation, the choice was easy. I used ChatGPT.
For the video generation, I did a lot of researches and testing to find a free tool. The most advanced tool seems to be Synthesia. But it is paid. So I used Lumen5, which is very basic but I chose it because it is free (with a watermarked screen at the end).
Step 1: Generate a script using ChatGPT
- Open ChatGPT site and signup if you don’t have an account. ChatGPT can be down or at maximum capacity, refresh the page until it responds.
- Use the chat to prompt ChatGPT with information about the topic of the video, such as a recipe or instructions.
- ChatGPT will generate a script for you, which you can then use as the basis for your video.
For my example, I wanted a video script to cook a Crèpe. I just typed:
Script for video with crèpe recipe
ChatGPT generated the script for me:
Welcome to our Crèpe recipe tutorial.
In this video, we will show you how to make traditional French crèpes at home.
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
a pinch of salt
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, water, melted butter, and salt.
Whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
Let the batter rest for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a non-stick skillet or crèpe pan over medium heat.
Once the skillet is hot, ladle about 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the skillet.
Tilt the skillet in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly across the bottom of the skillet.
Cook the crèpe for about 1-2 minutes on one side,
or until the edges start to pull away from the skillet and the bottom is golden brown.
Use a spatula to flip the crèpe and cook for an additional 1 minute on the other side.
Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Once the crèpes are cooked, stack them on a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep them warm.
Step 2: Use Lumen5 to turn the script into a video
- Go to the Lumen5 website and sign up for an account.
- Input the script generated by ChatGPT into the Lumen5 platform.
- Lumen5 will automatically create a video based on the script, using text, images, and videos to bring the story to life.
Step 3: Customize the video in Lumen5
- Choose a template that fits the style of your video.
- Add images and videos to enhance the visual appeal of the video. You have a huge library with free and paid (premium) media.
- Adjust the text and layout to create the perfect look and feel for your video.
- You can check an overview of the video at any time by clicking on Preview.
Step 4: Export and share the video
- Once you are satisfied with the result, export the video (click on Publish and you can download the video in the next page).
- Share the video on your desired platform, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Optional: Add voice description to your video
You can add voice to your video with: TTSMP3 which is a free text to voice tool.
And there you have it! By using ChatGPT and Lumen5, you can easily create a video with minimal effort.
You can watch the result video is here: https://youtu.be/jilXVY7q12U
Note: many parts of this post were generated using AI bot chatGPT.